Logic apps triggers were discussed in a previous post, these triggers rely on the polling endpoint in the ServiceAPI. The polling endpoint is simply a special purpose search designed to support the request/response pattern used by triggers. This pattern expects a response containing records created or updated since the last request.
At some point since CM 8.3 the method used to determine which properties to display on a page was changed to allow the hptrim.config file to determine which properties are displayed. One omission in this change was the default hptrim.config was not updated to specify which properties to display for a retention schedule. This post describes how to remedy that omission.
In previous post I shared a sample PowerQuery script to consume the results of a Saved Search in Excel. This post shows how to create a simple query in Excel.
The CM Office Integration uses a local folder in which to store its working documents. Prior to 94 this folder was always found within the Windows ‘My Documents’ folder. Due to conflicts with OneDrive this was changed in 94 and it can now be set globally or overridden by each user.
Search strings are required for searching in the web service and can be convenient in the .Net SDK, there are a few rules on how to compose these strings but if I need to compose a complex search to get baked into an application I like to use the Content Manager client to assist me.
Blazor is a new Microsoft technology for building client web apps in C#. I have spent a total of 2 hours experimenting with it so here is my beginners intro. If you are interested and want to save the 2 hours I spent hacking together some CM SDK code you can find my project on the samples repo.
TrimSearchDataStream provides a much faster though functionally limited search experience in Content Manager, see the sample code or watch the video.
I stumbled on an odd problem the other day. A CM web client instance authenticating use WS-Fed (ADFS). The user could sign-in without problem but when they attempted to sign-out they got the response below.
The default behaviour in Content Manager is to update the data LastUpdated when getting an electronic document from a Record. This can be problematic, particularly in cases where you want to get the document every time the Record changes. Thankfully this update can be override.
Maybe you have a testing or POC database in which you have a bunch of Saved Searches and you want to export these and import them to your production database. These Powershell scripts will export and import the search related properties, not the ACL of course.
In a previous post I described my initial experiments with Microsoft Logic Apps. For this post I have created a trigger on Content Manager so that the Logic App can react to modifications to Records. To make this work I needed to make a small modification to the ServiceAPI code, this could be applied to an existing CM installation via a ServiceAPI plugin.
Connect to Content Manager from Microsoft Logic Apps (or Flow) using a custom connector. A new, very simple, OpenAPI definition is available to assist in creating the Logic Apps custom connector.
Configuring the Web Client and Office integration to use Azure AD for authentication is a multi-step process. Here I run through a simple scenario to get this working, first in a video and following some sample config.
When writing a web service that uses the CM SDK you need to take into account the fact that different users may be in different time zones. The SDK date/time object, TrimDateTime operates, buy default, in the same time zone as the operating system. To ensure you set dates correctly you need to convert it to operate in the same time zone as the user. The sample code demonstrates how to do this, for more detail have a look at this video.
The new Power BI connector simplifies accessing CM data from Power BI, as long as you have a ServiceAPI instance available.
This new sample add-in allows you to compose the Record Title from other properties and fields, replacing text in angle brackets with the matching property or field.
When posting a date to an Additional Field in the web service the date returned in the response is incorrect, even though the date set in CM is correct. The problem is caused by a bug in handling time zone offsets. The scenarios in this post assume that:
- all actors (web service, client, WGS) are using the same time-zone settings, and
- dates are always sent as UTC (not local) dates.
As of Monday 15th July 2019 I have moved the hosting for this web site from Squarespace to Github pages. The main motivation for this was to consolidate with our samples repo. The only annoyances I expect for readers of this blog are:
- links to individual posts have changed, all posts can be found in the index
- the RSS feed link as changed, select the RSS link at the bottom of the page to subscribe to this blog.